Monday 29 January 2024

The Grapevine Arch - is falling down .


 So after the tree surgeons had finished coppicing the hedgerow , we requested that they could leave the wood-chippings here that I could make good use of around the garden . I moved a ton of it down into the Fern Garden and put a nice winter mulch of it over the Dahlias . Then I got sick and last year I hardly  did anything .

I had no energy to shift any more of this stuff .....so you know what happens ....


                                          .......groan !


No more procrastinating . On with my gardening gear and wellies , armed with big garden fork , shears, loppers rake and thick garden gloves  . I got stuck in !

                     The grape-vine arch was blown over during the recent Storm Isha .

 Mile long brambles rooting down everywhere they touched the earth and Ivy , damned Ivy sneaking in everywhere it can and I'm having to be really careful not to damage the Grape-vine , but I am having to cut it back very hard this time , to be able to get the wooden arch back in place .


At least all this undergrowth has kept the base of the frame dry and it doesn't look too rotten at the bottom .


I like to complete any job that I start , so it kills me to have to say that I will come back to it and finish it later ...but after two hours of tugging up Brambles and Ivy roots and lopping and pulling mile long lengths of the damned prickly stuff .....my headaches ..my back aches and I need to stop .


Not sure if I will get back to it today .I'm really aching , need to do a dance work out cool down to ease out these achy muscles . Have lunch and lots of cups of tea and see how I feel later on . 

Meanwhile on the other side of the garden ......



                                      Isn't she lovely ? !


                                         Spring is on her way !


And on my bedroom windowsill I can see , that finally , all my Sweet Peppers have germinated .

                                 Sweet Peppers - Corno di toro rosso ๐ŸŒถ️

Eleven of them , very happy me . I need to get on and sow my Tomato seeds next !


Just had lunch and two cups of tea . 

Nope .I  don't think I'll be gardening again this afternoon . I'm going to light the fire . Pamper myself and treat my sore hands to some of the lovely new hand-cream that my daughter gave me for Christmas , spend the rest of the day drinking tea and doing my embroidery .

                                                       ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ•Š️๐ŸŒฟ


2 comments:

  1. We have plenty if bramble and ivy to tackle once we have some fine days. The few fine days we have needed to get Ruby iut for some exercise which has to take priority. Bramble has a habit if winding round legs in order to trip you up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small garden and there is always something to do, your lovely big garden must keep you busy with a list of things to do, but it's a great feeling when you get a job done.

    ReplyDelete