Friday 5 January 2024

When the wind and rain stopped .......

 

The crazy wild winds and rain have died down at last and we have had a fairly nice day with a fair amount of sunshine .

Our day began with a trip to the tip , then over to Godolphin to be delighted by lots of lovely Snowdrops.


 
                                                      Primroses



                                        And this lovely pale blue Vinca .
We had a nice cup of tea for me and a coffee for him and we shared a toasted teacake with butter and strawberry jam .
   We walked around the gardens and you'll have to forgive me , for not taking any pictures of the house and gardens . This being because I was saving my camera battery for our next trip to Breage Church .

Yesterday we'd visited St Keverne Church to do some of my family history and also to see the medieval wall paintings there .
So today I wanted to compare that wall painting of St Christopher with the one in Breage Church .
 I wonder if they might have been painted by the same artist , they be quite similar .

I will show you tomorrow as for now it is quite late .  

We took our evening walk across the Mullion cliffs , met the usual dogs and their owners. Snuck up on a couple of cheeky squawky Choughs with my camera  , met a nice couple from Stithians who'd come over to see the lovely sunset . I don't often talk to very many people and we stood chatting for ages , which was nice . 


We haven't seen the the Choughs for a while , so it really made me happy to see this pair .



        ..so now it is really late and I am off to fill my hot water bottles and get off to bed .



                                 I'll be snug as a bug in a rug !  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Not seen a water bottle like that for years, I had one my mum used to keep here feet warm on cold days. Your are a few weeks ahead of us here in south Hampshire, we have shoots and promise of loads to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my bottles ! If you find one , make sure it has the rubber around the screw top . They can be filled with boiling water unlike rubber hot water-bottles . They stay hot all night , until morning and actually still warm the next evening when I come to re-fill them . So as not to burn my feet , I wrap mine in a old fashioned terry nappy with a tea towel around it fastened with a nappy pin . ( Can you tell I used to be a nursery nurse ? ! lol ! )

      Delete