Thursday 13 January 2022

More Epie "Lollipop " Flowers

 

Epie "Lollipop" looking even better with two lovely flowers this morning .



Cloudy to the South this morning .


Clear blue sky to the North . Who will win ? It's cold , but not too cold .


Daffodils are blooming here in Cornwall and you might start to see them for sale in florists and some supermarkets . I have some of the tiny wild ones in the meadow ..I dont think mine are out yet , I will check on them later on . My husband has this tub of the big blousy ones ....they'll be blooming very soon .

Yes that is an Epie cutting you can see in amongst them ! After pruning my Epies I didn't have the heart to throw the bits away . So I experiment with them .Some I leave on the greenhouse bench to callous over and be potted up later on .Some of these I pot up and some I leave and forget about and they put out interesting aerial roots . I will usually have some left over and they get left to one side outside , to be put on the compost heap later . I forget about them . Then one day I will come along and think I should at least try and save them . They then get stuck into any pots or tubs outside , just to see what happens . 


Here are some I stuck into the Veg Trug , in with my Strawberry plants and my husbands Garlic .


His garlic is looking far better than mine which are out in the veg garden . I think they need more space than this really . The compost in the veg trug has sunk down considerably , needs topping up again . Big sigh !

Got to dash ! 💐We are going to collect some Dahlia roots from a lady in the village who has been splitting hers up . Very excited ! Nice to add some different ones to our garden .💐

 See you later !  

No comments:

Post a Comment