Sunday 9 January 2022

Happy New Year 2022


 Happy New Year 2022  all !  The weather has been very stormy here . A lightning strike , with one terrifying thunder crack,  took out our power at 2am in the morning and  caused us much misery until an electrician came and fixed  it . The lightning must have hit the telegraph pole which has a spot light attached to it at top and a wire that takes electricity in to our workshop . This all had to be disconnected to make it safe . We are planning on having a new workshop built later on this year . The electrician will be coming back to reconnect it all up then .  That will be brilliant !

In the meantime , it is going to be a bit of a pain as the electricity point in the other shed is too far away to plug in my lawn mower to cut the grass up and around the vegetable garden . I will have to use the other small and useless , cheapo lawnmower which keeps having to be re-charged ,about three times ,before I have finished cutting the grass . Anyway , trying to keep calm and carry on .


The January view from my bedroom window .


Epiphyllum "Lollipop" is smothered with buds . 


I can't wait to see this in full bloom again ! 


The Orchid on the bathroom windowsill is still in full bloom . They must be the longest lasting flowers of all !  I have another Orchid that is putting up a flower spike too . It is so nice to have these plants blooming at this gloomy time of the year . 

I usually have Hyacinths flowering now too , but I was not able to get to a nursery to buy any this year . Speaking of which I hope you are all well ,  keeping safe , vaccinated and boosted .


Out in the garden I have Roses in flower and surprisingly some Fuchsias  .


These are really just the "hanger on-ers " from last year of course , but it is mild and the Fuchsias are loving the rain !


However Camellias are beginning to bloom in Cornish gardens everywhere now .  They look absolutely gorgeous !  Mine are just starting to open their buds here .

My Sweet peas are all germinating now ! 

I,ll be sowing  Leeks , Parsnips and Lettuce very soon up in the shed .

The  Snowdrops should be coming out soon and Violets in the hedgerows and along the cliffs .

Tomorrow I'll go up and see what's going on in the greenhouse .There will probably be more than a few puddles ! 


                   Torrential rain with hail . The storms keep coming in .

2 comments:

  1. You have so much floral colour for these grey days, which is great, I always have an Amaryllis blooming at this time of year, sadly all my Orchids blooms have faded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I,m not too good at keeping Amaryllis going after the first blooms ..maybe I,ll have another go ! 💐 I,m off up to the greenhouse now to check on things . Hoping it's not too flooded ! 😱 Thanks for dropping in 😃x

      Delete