Thursday, 13 August 2026

Tidying in the Greenhouse 🌿🌿🌿

                                             Good morning !
 

                                       Unrelenting hot sun ! 

I threw myself out of bed very early this morning , about 5am , determined to get something done in the garden before it became too hot .

I decided to tidy up some of the plants in the greenhouse . Mainly the Tomato plants . 


I snipped off any withering or yellowing leaves and took the very tippy tops off .


Still plenty of tomatoes coming . I gave everything a drink . I share out two watering cans of tap water with some tomato food stirred in .
             Tomatoes , Sweet Peppers and Cucumbers watered  .


  I filled an old compost bag up with all the withered leaves to take to the tip later on .  
 No bonfires allowed presently with this cruel heatwave and drought  .
    I made a bit of space for the cacti ! The tomato plants had been giving them some shade from the fierce sun , but it is nice to see and enjoy them again  .

Dad - I don't know how your old hockey stick came to be in my greenhouse ? !!


There are still more hidden along the greenhouse bench !  πŸ˜ŠπŸ’šπŸŒ΅



                    Happy to see some more Cucumbers on the way !


These lovely cucumbers were almost hidden by the Passiflora manicata and the Bowiea volubilis . A nice surprise to find them ! 
 The Cucumbers had full rein of the greenhouse ; as in total , unlimited freedom to romp away amongst all my other plants . This worked really well this year  .  Growing whichever way they naturally wanted to grow , very happy plants ! 

                                  Kalanchoe daigremontiana
                       Also known as Mother of Thousands  😱
                  
                 Whatever shall I do with all these babies ? !!!

Always reminds me of this 18th century old English nusery rhymme .....

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe ,
        She had so many children  she knew not what to do !
 She gave them some broth and she gave them some bread .....
             ......  then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed !  😱🀣

I'm the eldest of five children ....
               ......and we always joked that mum was that old woman !  🀭  lol !

                    🀣               Sorry mum , love you !!  πŸ€­πŸ’ž



                                  Cheerio fer now ! 

                                         Peace and Love πŸ•Š️

                                                         Love Debbie x

p.s. you can change the word "whipped " to "kissed" might be better these days ! x


No comments:

Post a Comment