Monday, 24 August 2026

Cabbages and Clouds

 

The weather is changing and we are seeing some really beautiful clouds now .


                             A slight rainbow in this one !


                And whispy ones ....


        ...... and fishscale type ones that promise rain , but it doesn't come .


                           Our walk along the cliffs .
We ran back to the car thinking these squalls were coming our way , but they just rolled in across LandsEnd and Penzance  . We stayed dry !
                                 πŸŒ¦️🌧️⛈️🌧️🌧️      
So proper rain is forecast for tomorrow  and I have been busy pulling weeds  to make room for my cabbage seedlings .
  It is very windy today , a sure sign of coming rain . 


             So here we go ! 


I pulled back the netting . A nice line of Parsnips . Carrots dotted about here and there and lots of beautiful curlywurly kale  .    πŸ¦‹


I climbed in and set about pulling out the weeds .  
Once again , the weeds have helped to keep the moisure in the good earth .


                            I filled that wheelbarrow !


  I made space for my cabbages . 

I didn't really dig as such , rather I just prized the good earth up a little bit to make it easier for the rain to soak down to the plant's roots .

    🐌   I found two snails and relocated them .🐌


This was really hard work for me , my knee and poorly back are aching and I forgot to bring out the kneeler and the ground was rock hard to kneel on and too far to go back to the cottage to get it and lunch was almost ready and if I stopped now I wouldn't be able to get going again ! 
     So I carried on in pain and planted out a few of each red and white cabbages . 



                                  .......and firmed them in !


                                             πŸŒΏπŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸŒΏ
      

And threw the netting back over them all and made it good and secure all around the edges with bricks and rocks and an old fence post .


That took me a good hour to do . I still have some greyhound cabbages and some leeks to plant out . 
  Not sure if I can manage it before the rain comes . I have to pace myself .
I'm glad I got this bed weeded and planted up though . 


                                  That's it for today . I am done ! 

A quick shower ...... 😱...you know Autumn is a coming in when you step into the shower and see this !


.......oh my goodness !  Help !!!! 


 Ricardo calls out to me " Are we off for our walk now then ? " πŸ€ͺ O.k. I,m coming !   


And when we get back I 'm having a flop on my bed with some patchwork .

                       Cheerio for now !

             Peace and Love πŸ•Š️πŸ’•

                                   Debbie πŸ’x

                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment