Friday, 28 August 2026

Planting out more Leeks


 I can't wait to clear out the tomato and cucumber plants , but they are still producing fruits . So on with the watering !

             Overjoyed to see this beautiful Butternut Squash !

I picked all the Egyptian Walking Onion bulbils . I'll pot them up tomorrow and bring them on in the shed .


   I found a Golden Hop seedling coming up in the crushed rock of our drive .
             Very pleased with that !


Rain was forecast , so I thought I'd take this opportunity to plant out my second wave of leeks and some more cabbages seedlings .


The first wave of leeks that I planted back in the spring were L . Jaune du Poitou .      The second wave of Leeks are a more winter hardy variety called  L. Bleu de Solaise .


     I planted most of the leeks out , but my back was aching ... not too bad ..but enough to know I couldn't do anymore . 


The cabbages will have to wait and be planted out another day . 
   Maybe tomorrow ....we'll see how I feel tomorrow . 

The thing is , it is not such a simple job .
  Before I plant them , I have to take out one of the bean teepees and after I have planted them , I have to fix up a big cloche to cover them . 
    I do this with some old blue water pipe and mesh and then fasten the netting down with bricks and rocks and things .   I also need to gather my bricks and rocks and things ! 

            So it's not as easy as just planting the cabbage seedlings .

As I carried the cabbage seedlings back to the shed , it began to spit with rain ... sparing me from the miserable job of filling and carting the heavy watering can up to the vegetable garden .

More rain coming tonight to settle my leeks in and to make the earth soft again so I can easily fix up the cloche for the cabbages .



                    Peace and Love and rain happiness !   πŸ•Š️πŸ€πŸ’•

                                         love Debbie πŸ’x

                      
                      Stormy skies over Penzance this evening .
           
                                  
                                        







No comments:

Post a Comment