Saturday 1 April 2023

The Courgettes are up !

 

                   What's happening on my bedroom windowsill ?


The Courgettes are up ! Yay !  Franchi Zucchino "bolognese"....which produce a slightly strange looking courgette . Sort of slightly pear shaped . I am wondering why the other two seed pans have not germinated .

One is a more normal looking courgette and the other ones are yellow . Sown at the same time , same compost . Oh well , we are early ,there is still plenty of time to sow more if need be and these six plants should give us plenty anyway .


These came up almost overnight . I have just come in from pricking them out and potting them up . They are now in our front porch which gets a little warmth . I'll keep an eye on them now as they might pass out . If they show any signs of wilting I 'll whisk them back inside and onto my windowsill again until they get established .

I think they'll be o.k .

We have had some severe gales here again , but no real damage . 

..........and my prayers and thoughts go out to you in the storm and tornado damaged places in America .


So this year I am growing the above courgettes , Butternut Squashes "Hunter" and one different squash , my daughter gave me a seed to try ..but I have forgotten the name of it .I will have to ask her again and  I will update that for you when it germinates . I think it is a  beautiful stripey one .


Oops ! Uploaded wrong picture ! That's my hearty chicken and vegetable soup we're having today , with delicious crusty wholewheat bread and butter .  Real butter . ( I can't believe how much butter costs now ! )


Anyway , On a final note , if you happen to be over in Falmouth today ( and you might want to take the children to the Falmouth Maritime Museum because the Pirates Exhibition is now open ) go take a look at these magnificent Puyas blooming in the Queen Mary Gardens by Gyllyngvase Beach . 

Pronounced  -  Poo- yar  🤣

I snapped this as my husband drove past too fast ( he got told off  and he told me off saying he couldn't stop as he had a car right behind him ..sigh ..please everybody slow down ! ) and I didn't have time to zoom in . Puya chilensis , they are at their best right now . Bright yellow ....absolutely jaw dropping gorgeousness !!! 

Go and take a look !

Have a great weekend all .


No comments:

Post a Comment