Thursday 20 April 2023

Musa Ensete "Maurelii" - planning where to put them this year 🌿


 Beautiful sunny morning , blue sky , freezing cold Easterly breeze ! brrrr !


So a quick walk around the garden . Apple blossom now appearing .


Peony lutea that I grew from the lovely shiny black seeds my brother gave me  .


                           Enjoyed the heavenly honey fragrance of my Azara tree .


                                    The Gunneras  are also waking up .


I wonder who will be nesting in the birdhouse this year ? 


The cold wind was blowing too hard to get a good picture of the lovely red Acer .


                                         Out with the spade and dig a big hole .


I am trying to decide where to plant the Banana plants this year . I want it to look fab from several different angles . I put the post in there so I can walk away and get a better idea of it . 

The Azaleas and Rhododendrons will all be putting on their show any day now . The rose at the front needs to be cut hard back because I want it to flower later and I will need to cut off that Holly bough .

This area is on a slope , so I really have to be sure to plant things higher up the slope than I at first think . If you don't have a sloping garden, then you probably won't  understand what I mean .

There is a strange tendency to plant things too far forward .  I get a better idea from the upstairs windows of our cottage  . It needs to look good for me from my bedroom window .

The Bananas are still in their shelter zone and look dreadful at the moment due to the man not coming back to fix the new woodshed roof .

Anyway..... Musa Ensete "Maurelii" The gorgeous red leaved bananas .

 I am waking them up gently , watering them just a little bit every now and then and they are beginning to respond . I will be planting them out in about three weeks time . I like to get the hole dug while the earth is soft . 

And now I've had enough of this freezing cold breeze . I'm going in . I'm lighting the fire and am going to enjoy a nice cuppa tea and do some stitching .

                                           
     Little schooner embroidery update -Flower of the Fal - See over on my Cornish Needlework Blog .


                                                    Have a beautiful day !  🌞🦋💚 x

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet and interesting post. I totally agree about planting things too far forward is definitely a tendency. I have Day Lilies that should have been placed further back in the bed. They now dwarf what's behind them. Your garden is quite a lot further along than mine...isn't it wonderful to have such to enjoy. I've been following the Weaver for years. An inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The met office wrote that the beginning of the year has been warmer than average. I wonder where they have theie thermometers? We have a banana overwintering in the house!

    ReplyDelete