Sunday 16 April 2023

Agave salmiana var.ferox

 

                                                     Agave salmiana var.ferox 

I have so many things that I should have been doing today in the garden ,  like potting on my courgette and tomato seedlings  , but I had one thing on my mind and that was a nasty bramble that was coming up through the bottom of my gorgeous Agave .Can you see it ?  Ugh ...it was going to be a horrible tortuous job ! 


I got  down on my kneeler and pulled away the slabs of rock and slate that I have arranged around it's base which direct the rain away from it's roots . Delighted to find a couple of offshoots 😃 !


                  I pulled away the old rotten leaves .....ouch ...ouch...ouch !


                      .....and squeals of delight , found even more pups !


                      All of a sudden it is not such a horrible job after all  .


                 Now feeling very pleased with myself  and I got that bramble out !


                                        Whoo hoo !  Very ,very happy me !


Off up to the shed .  They all had a couple of roots and the pale ones will soon green up .

I got them all potted up .


                                      .............and one in a hanging basket !


Agave salmiana var.ferox .......in my opinion the best one !


                            The sexy, shiny dark green one ....with shark teeth .


                                " ferox "Latin translation to English is "fierce "


                                                Wow ! I love it !


Going to need some first aid , TCP and some serious hand pampering before I do any embroidery this evening ! 

                                             🌿   Very happy me though  !   🌿





4 comments:

  1. Oh I so love your Agave, dear Daisy!
    You have to know that I'm a lover of succulents plants. Here we cannot grow such plants outside given the cold of the Winter, but I have my Winter Garden at home filled with them: they're not so healthy as yours, although I keep them outside during the good season, of course growing in the ground is another thing!
    Have a blessed new week
    Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dany 💐I find succulents are the most fascinating plants of all . We too have to give them some shelter/protection through the winter . The flower of the Agave is a magnificent sight to see ! 🦋🌞

      Delete
  2. Well doen on tackling te brambke - not a task for the faint hearted . Still you were rewarded elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue 💐 We had a couple of very warm days and I have done a lot . I also got a first planting of Brussels sprouts done .Crawling about on my hands and knees and bending and twisting to throw the netting over it all ...groan ! Knees are in quite a bit of discomfort , need to rest up for day or two again . Got to pace ourselves haven't we ? ! It will be worth it though .🌞🦋

      Delete