Wednesday 3 February 2021

Epiphyllum Blattkakteen Epicactus "Lollipop" Steckling - flowering update

 

At last , those petals are beginning to open ! One of the two buds dropped off yesterday, but this one has been gradually turning red over the last couple of days . We had a couple of hours of sunshine and a bit later on I could see that one of the petals had lifted at the top of the bud .


Most of my Epiphyllums flower between May and June . I have been told that this one blooms out of season , and it seems between December and February here in the U.K. 

It is supposed to be quite a prolific bloomer and I think in the future it will have a
lot more flowers .


Here it is , and I took these last two pictures just about ten minutes ago .
 

I had thought the flowers would be smaller and more orange /red  .....but it is still not fully open yet . 

I will keep a watchful  eye on it this evening , as I really don't want to miss it !

Update tomorrow ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment