Friday 20 March 2020

So the next day ........


                      The sun came out and I pulled my wellie boots on !


 Grabbed the mop and bucket and set to washing the greenhouse and potting shed windows .
I decided to try and do one section from the inside too .


 As the weather was so nice , I was able to take all the plants outside while I did this .  Surely all this stretching and bending will be whittling away my waistline !


            Izzy wizzy , Lets get busy !   Now who was it that used to say that ? :)


What a beautiful day , not the slightest breeze, warm t-shirt weather !


                  I threw lots of rubbish into the incinerator and got it going .


                                           Then , more exercise  !


                                      Sparkling clean windows !


                 More bending and stretching to put the plants back in .


                                                      My peaceful place .


  I sat and watched the smoke curling up into the sky, mesmerising . I took far too many photos of that !


Ran indoors to fetch my two pots of Cucumber seedlings on the windowsill upstairs .

           Time to prick them out and pot them on into the next size pots.


   Other seeds beginning to germinate . It will be good  to have our own salad leaves again in the coming weeks .
No sign of the Tomatoes yet though .


 I tidied up the shed and thought while I,m feeling energetic I,ll take a look at the African Key-hole bed .


I had covered it over through the Winter with cardboard to keep the weeds down.


I will be growing my squashes here this year . Butternuts, courgettes and maybe a Pumpkin or two  .


I had recently prepared a bed for my potatoes , which I am going to plant out next week , depending on the weather.
 The potatoes are presently chitting on the study windowsill .
I lifted the cardboard and put it temporarily onto the new potato bed , just to keep the weeds down .


 The earth under the cardboard is just gorgeous and the Robin flew in and had a feast .

 Potato bed covered with cardboard to keep the weeds down until I come to plant them out .


The keyhole bed looking good again, I just need to re-weave the basket around the watering hole in the middle and make a sun hat to go over it to help prevent evaporation . ( expecting a heat wave any time soon ! )


             On my way in, I pulled a few leeks for Leek and potato soup .


 Also checked on the Redwood Tree seeds . Hmm...is this a Redwood Tree seedling or something else ? We'll have to wait for it's first true leaves to know for sure .

 
Came in and enjoyed a nice cup of tea with a slice of Marie Rayner 's "Family Favourite Banana Nut Bread", spread with Nutella . You must check out Marie's wonderful recipes on this link - https://theenglishkitchen.blogspot.com/
  Mmmmm...yummy ....it was such a good day !  I got a load of washing dry and husband painted the garden table and chairs too . 
   Well , that deserves another slice !  :)


1 comment:

  1. We are self isolating too as our daughter as asthma. We are have been so busy over the last couple of years that we have a pile of jobs to do around the house, our green house could do with a good clear up too! Sarah

    ReplyDelete