Tuesday 14 May 2019

Epiphyllum crenatum


I love them all , but I really look forward to the flower of Epiphyllum crenatum .


               This opened up very slowly indeed compared to the others .


                                            One petal at a time .


  I could smell a slight lemony fragrance , which usually gets stronger as it opens into the warmth of the greenhouse .
 The greenhouse is not heated except by the warmth of the sun , which was shining up in a beautiful blue sky today.....unfortunately there is a chilly East wind blowing. This combination is not good , as I think I,ve mentioned before....if I close the windows it gets too hot ..and if I open the roof windows , I am always afraid that the wind might catch it and tear it off !
 So I do hope it eases up soon . I have now closed it up for the night and covered my seedlings up with a piece of fleece . Runnerbeans , French beans and and a tray of Nicotiana sylvestris . It is going to be cold tonight in Mullion with this clear sky .


                                              Nearly fully opened .



 It still was not quite fully opened when I went up to the greenhouse to close the windows . Oh ! My goodness it is just so gorgeous !


                    I hope it will still be there tomorrow and fully opened up  .

No comments:

Post a Comment