Tuesday 25 December 2018

Christmas Day Orchid Flower


                          I hope everyone has enjoyed this Christmas Day  .


    I am delighted to see my Orchid beginning to open her blooms today .


 I,m not really very good with Orchids but have managed to keep these two going on our North facing windowsill and the flowers last for weeks .
 Tomorrow I plan to get outside , take a walk around the garden and see how everything is doing .
  The weather is very mild 11 degrees centigrade at the moment ,  with heavy drifting sea mist and actually quite thick fog along the roads in some places . We haven't needed coats today ....but I am told colder weather is coming after Christmas .
So I am going to dig out the fleece and cloches , old sacks in readiness to throw over the crowns of my Tree Ferns..newspapers to cover precious cacti and pelargoniums up in my greenhouse . Get the lantern ready with 8 hour candles to take the chill off the air ....and split logs are being carried in and stacked for the stove in the lounge .
 I might get started on tidying our gravel bed..it needs to be completely stripped back , one or two brambles have  got a hold and needs a proper job done of digging the blooming things out ....but this would be a good time to do it while the earth is soft to dig and it really isn't too cold ....I,ll see if I can make a start on it anyway ...this also depends on how my back is feeling .
   Must also remember to top up the bird feeders ....we,ve had a few Hedgehogs visiting too , not hibernating yet...... I do enjoy seeing the beautiful wild animals that come to my garden and in the surrounding countryside .
                               
                                    Be kind to animals .
         Be kind to your dog...dont leave it shut outside .. it wants your company and kindness ...man's best friend remember .
                                   Be kind to animals .

                                              *** *** ***

No comments:

Post a Comment