Sunday, 26 July 2026

Roses and Potatoes

 

                              Lovely climbing rose back in June .

Early this morning we had a very mean sprinkle of mizzle .  The water barrels are still empty .       Anyway it meant that for the first time this summer , I was able to do a few jobs in the ornamental garden . 

The climbing rose which looked at it's very best last month , now needed some serious attention . 

The petals were dropping into the crown of my Musa basjoo below .

So now the rose has almost finished flowering , I thought I'd give it a good tidy up and tie in some of the remaining branches to encourage it to grow the other way .

I went in quite hard , but there are still some sprays of fresh rose buds to come .

                            Musa basjoo  ( fairly hardly in my location )

It's looking very dry . I'm going to give it a good feed and a drink , put a good mulch around the bottom .  I want it to get nice and strong in order to get through next winter . This banana plant is quite hardy here in my location S.W. Cornwall .
  It has been cooler this morning , but they are saying that we are going to have another period of very hot weather , coming by next Wednesday .

      Musa ensete "maurelii  ( needs to be brought under cover for the Winter )

As for this banana plant , well , Musa ensete "maurelii" looks to be doing really well . . . . but I will give that a feed and a good long drink . . . I'll be digging it up again in a month's time and dragging it under cover for the winter .

Ricardo has been on Spuds in tubs duty and with all the joy of an eight year old proudly presented me with all of these from just one Spud tub !   ๐Ÿค—


                      ....and he scrubbed them all nice and clean too !  

          That's all fer today folks , hope you're having a great weekend .

                                             love Debbie ๐Ÿ’x

                                                   ๐ŸŒฟ☀️๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฆ️๐ŸŒฟ


No comments:

Post a Comment