Monday, 27 July 2026

Clouds but still no rain


                  Clouds in the sky ....but still no rain .


A little bit cooler today ....I wearily gathered up all the rose bush clippings and harvested a few things from the vegetable garden . 


                                   Very happy me !


                                           More on the way !


 Not so many flowers in the garden at the moment , so I have done a more simple arrangement for the table this week .  


 Just a few blue Hydrangeas , laurel , Miscanthus sinensis strictus and Cotinus coggygria "Royal Purple " 


                 Now looking very grand on the table .


               Then on with the gloves and to bring in some fire-wood .


I'm bringing in a little everyday now  , getting ready for the Winter again .
 Rather to do this while the sun is shining , than when it's cold , windy and raining .... a miserable job then .


I had thrown a left over half of a melon out on the lawn  for the blackbirds really ...but the butterflies were relishing it . 


                        Plums not quite ready yet .


                           Lots of French beans coming now .


  Lots of French beans and this year my peas have done exceptionally well !


                                   Pretty Purple Podded Peas !


             I have had no time to myself ; too busy playing in the garden ! 


     Oh ...I did manage to do a little on a road trip ....but not much .


I cut back my lovely clump of Impatiens tinctoria  , it had finished flowering and beginning to wilt in the heat .  Cutting it back will encourage it to put out fresh growth and more lovely white flowers .
    I did a light weeding around here and lopped off a few of the more tatty Chamaerops humilis leaves . Laying them down on any bare earth to keep the moisture in .
  The weather is going to heat up again , we are warned of yet another heatwave and drought .

 πŸ•Š️ My heart and prayers goes out for everyone in places suffering from the extreme hot weather and battling with trying to extinguish fires . Terrifying πŸ˜”  I do hope that rain comes soon . πŸ•Š️


                                                Cosmos


   The Sweetpeas were finished and so I pulled them out and replaced with my Cosmos seedlings . 
   I'm not watering everything . Just the Cosmos , Impatiens tinctoria and the Banana plants . 
     I am making sure there is plenty of food and water for visiting wildlife  . 


                               So that all for now my friends !

                             Peace and Love πŸ•Š️🌿

                                                  Debbie πŸ’x







No comments:

Post a Comment