Friday 2 June 2023

Trachycarpus fortunei - tidy up

 

So today's task was to tidy up these two Trachycarpus fortunei . Lop off a couple of the most wind battered leaves to give more light to the Irises and weed out the bed below it because this is where I am going to plant even more Dahlias .


                I had to pull off all this Ivy ! Actually quite a therapeutic job .


                                 Make it look like this fluffy gorgeousness ๐Ÿ’š


     Then ..groan..do the other one  .


Lop off the worst of the wind battered leaves ...being careful not to over do it  .


......and I think they look nice in my fern garden . What do you think ?


You see I didn't want to over do it especially as we noticed this dinosaur chick was just on the verge of fledging from it's nest .


                                                aaw   ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿฆ–


                            So that's all I'm doing today . We're off on a picnic !


                          Not a bad job done if I do say so myself !  


The second one didn't take to long to do but I ran out of energy at that point and will dig the Dahlia bed over tomorrow . 


Funny how I hadn't noticed the Ivy as it crept in and smothered those two trunks  .


O.k. we're off for our picnic ! I'll probably fall asleep in the car I'm so tired .

                      Hugs Debbie x

4 comments:

  1. That's your workout done for the day, garden is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the smaller version wagnerianus . The birds love to pull the hair from the trunk for nesting material

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants are so pretty! You gave me a chuckle with your dinosaur fledgling.

    ReplyDelete