Sunday 19 March 2023

Feeling better 😊

 

                                                Moved all the seedlings up to the shed  . 


Tomatoes and sweet peppers and cautiously a couple of cucumbers . I had to bring back in the ones I had put in the greenhouse. Those are back upstairs on my bedroom windowsill to recover . The cucumbers in the shed are fine . I will sow some more . I had a very generous packet of seeds and I really just wanted to see how early I could start them .

It has been lovely and warm here the last couple of days ....but I guess the nights are still too cold  enen though I did throw newspaper sheets over them .


The lettuces are quite happy though . Sprouts and Hollyhocks ....lovely sexy red ones  ❤️ !


Spring Onions North Holland Red and Lilia . Millions of Spinach . More tomatoes Alicante and Super Sweet 100 F1 because they do so well for me .


Lettuce "Flashy Trout "  because it is such a beauty ....tasty too ! Sprouts can't remember which sorry ...but I am growing lots for " leaves tastier than cabbage "as recommended by Steve Richards of Steve's Seaside Kitchen Garden +Allotment Channel on Youtube . 

Celery "Blush" because it's pink . I have a perennial Celery in one of my vegetable beds that my good friend Kat gave me . I will check to see if that is coming up tomorrow . I love it slithered finely into salads of mixed leaves . Oh ! Roll on Summer and salad days !

Kat is brilliant at growing things . Very knowledgeable , great for advice . She has an "edible garden " which due to covid and the lockdown , I was unable to go and see . I hope I can go and visit it sometime soon . 

Those are more Flashy Trout Lettuces waiting to be pricked out and potted on . I've also grown some nice crispy Romaine lettuces ..the red ones did not germinate and I thought they were supposed to be the hardier ones .


I'm trying to stay focused , not get carried away growing too many varieties of things . Just grow my reliable favourites and grow them well .

I hope we don't get the uncomfortable heat and drought that we endured  last year .


Out in the vegetable garden I have harvested all the tops of my Purple Sprouting  Broccoli  .


So now they will produce even more lower down the stem . We absolutely adore PSB ! 


Today is Mothering Sunday  and the weather has been very kind to us . My grandchildren came over and gave me beautiful red tulips and a lovely tray of mixed Universal Pansies .


We had a lovely time racing around the labyrinth and laughing so much !

                                             Grandma is exhausted ! 


It has gone oh so quiet now they have all gone home . I am  going to spend the rest of the evening doing some stitching beside the fire  .


To see what I am stitching , you can visit my Cornish Needlework Basket blog .

Hope you have all had a lovely restful weekend . May this fine weather continue ☀️🌿💗

1 comment:

  1. You really are cracking on unlike here where sowing and planting is still on hold

    ReplyDelete