Thursday 23 March 2023

Woodchip Mountain


" I'll just try and aim for three wheelbarrow loads and see how I go ." I told my husband  .


                            I did fourteen wheelbarrow loads .

                                         In the pouring rain .


Down in the Fern Garden I can see that it is going to look really nice . It really highlights the green of the ferns and mosses in there .

I just got on , shovelling , wheeling and dumping , soaked to the skin . At least the rain was keeping me cool .

                                                     (how I feel)

I reversed out of the gate and walked into the other wheelbarrow knocking it over ..... sigh  🤣

Time for lunch , soaked to the skin . Not sure if I will continue this afternoon , mainly because all my gardening clothes are dripping wet , wearing my old cagoul just to look sensible really , it certainly isn't waterproof anymore .

My walking boots are soaked and covered in mud ...... I need a new pair of wellies ! 



3 comments:

  1. My mum always said the more you do now the less you do later, I'm not sure if it works that way with gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ....... I no longer feel like dancing ...... not this morning ! 🤣

      Delete
  2. That's real dedication. At leasr you have the pile to yourself. When a load is delivered to the allotment it's a free for all.

    ReplyDelete