Wednesday 9 December 2020

Lovers of Clouds and our First Frost - 7th Dec 2020


                It has turned very cold this week . A week of wonderful clouds .


Bright winter sunshine , then sudden , torrential rain showers , with hail .


                                                  Beautiful rainbows .


                             It's been a great week for cloud watching !


                                             We are lovers of clouds !


I have also made note in my little garden note-book of having had our first light frost here, in my garden in Mullion .
 First frost date of winter Mullion Cornwall 7th December 2020 .
  Jack Frost has been dancing on the roof ......and a light dusting on the lawn .
I have put the cloche over the Agave to keep the worst of the icy rain off . I have laid slates and flat slabs of rock around the base of it , so that the water runs away from it's roots . Agave salmiana var.ferox . It is a hardy variety of Agave , but a small , young one that just needs a bit of protection from the rain  and ice through the winter months .



I think I did remind you all to wrap up your outside garden taps , but it's worth saying again !

Wrap up the garden tap.
Have the chimney swept .
Feed the birds and make sure the bird bath water is not frozen .
Go get your vaccine when called !!! 
Lets all stay safe .





No comments:

Post a Comment