Sunday 22 November 2020

Christmas Tree 2020

 

                                                          Ta-daah !

I cheered us up by putting up the Christmas Tree .

Out in the garden I have not been able to do very much , having torn a muscle . I,m having physio and doing exercises to help heal it . It is very uncomfortable and quite painful when I lift anything or reach up .I think it is going to take a long time to heal .

So I,m still just pottering about the veg garden .

I,ve sown a few more seeds of lettuce , onions , Greyhound cabbages, shallots , Brussels-sprouts and sweet peas . 

 At the moment we are enjoying home grown leeks and carrots , spring onions , lettuces , coriander and mint .

I am a follower of "Steve's Seaside Allotment "- Youtube video channel . If you haven't discovered him please go take a look . I love that he continues to grow veggies all through the Winter and has a great database , lots of useful tips . He is very knowledgeable , successful and very interesting indeed .

    I like his recent tip for sowing Brussels sprouts now , not for the button sprouts , but to get an early crop of very tasty leaves for greens  . I have only ever grown them for the sprouts and I hadn't realised that you could eat the leaves . I did give them a try earlier back in the Spring this year and they are so much nicer  than Cabbage ...he is absolutely right ! 

So I want even more of those tasty leaves and I,m looking forward to seeing lots of little Sprout babies germinating in the next few days .

 It is very misty here today , quite mild in fact . Took a walk along the cliffs after lunch , very surprised to see so many people down on the beach at this time of the year !


It is "Stir up Sunday "today and I was going to make our Christmas Pudding ,but I didn't have all the ingredients , so I will have to wait until our next shopping delivery .... I think it will be on Thursday ...sigh ....we are still not going into shops at the moment . Very grateful when we can get a delivery slot .

I,m very worried about spreading the virus when sending cards and parcels . I think we will just make sure there are a few gifts for the Grandchildren and a romantic Christmas lunch just for the two of us . It will be nice . Really it will !


Staying focused on what it's really all about   .
We will put out our Nativity scene and make our own Advent Wreath . We are unable to be going into church at the moment . Mass is being streamed on line and Father Paul is doing an amazing job of it , I don't think he's ever had to do anything
 like this before .

We will wait until after the New Year for family get-togethers ,when hopefully we will all have had the new vaccine .

It is just not worth taking any risks with this terrible , terrible virus .

  So listening to some very cheesy and festive music whilst putting up the Christmas Tree and switching on the fairy lights really cheered us up . 

I am noticing people's nice Christmas displays in their windows around Mullion too . 

  Have you put your tree up yet ?  Is it too early for you ? Lol ! It will be the first Sunday of Advent next Sunday ! 

Take care , wash hands , wear your mask , continue to wipe everything down , keep your distance , respect other people's space , be safe..... and be happy ! 

6 comments:

  1. My sympathies, and hope that you feel better soon.
    Thanks, and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou ever so much Flighty :) I do enjoy reading your journal and love your photographs, but since I recently came off of Wordpress , I find that I am now no longer able to comment . I am still looking into this .. . but please know I am still following ! :) x

      Delete
  2. It's that time of year again isn't it. This year I think will be a little different to usual but maybe it won't be all bad and who knows, perhaps some new traditions will be born. We have a tree but it's still in the garden but will hopefully be moved indoors to be decorated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ! So I take it your tree is a real one ? Makes sure there are no squirrels hiding in it's branches ! lol ! :)x

      Delete
  3. Tree set up yesterday. I was pushing a pile of wet leaves forward with my foot, and suddenly couldn't stand up. It lasted a few hours, but heat and aspirin and a goodnight's sleep improved the situation greatly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh ! You poor thing ! Hope you are feeling better now Debby. It was a good idea to have moved those leaves though or the next thing you might do is slip on them and end up in hospital over Christmas ! You take care of yourself now :) x

      Delete