I made a start replenishing the earth on this bed . Nothing that I planted here did very well . Shallots , Runner beans , Sweetcorn ....total fail !
I'm glad I grew lots of French beans in another bed which were successful thankfully .
Strange clusters of miniature Sweetcorn cobs ! These were the "Swift" variety . I'm sure they were not meant to be like these .
This is the second lot of "spuds in tubs" and they are looking promising .
And all is well in the greenhouse .
Leeks, Parsley and Rhubarb are doing o.k. at the far end of the bed .
I had to save some of this compost to earth up the potatoes in tubs , but as we go into winter I will keep topping up this bed with the usual leaves , grass clippings
etc.
I think this will be the last time of earthing up .
Meanwhile in the shed .....
Babbington Leeks are fast asleep . Egyptian Walking Onions are racing away !
I planted them all at the same time . I will be giving the Egyptian onions to anyone who'd like some in the village and the Wild Babbington Leeks will go into the hedgerow .....that's if they ever come up !
I can't find potato onions for sale at a sensible price anywhere , but I have found some "everlasting onion" plants and a packet of Red Welsh Onion seeds which I want to get going somewhere in the vegetable garden .
I have not had any success growing proper onions for several years now , so I mostly grow Leeks instead ...but I would like some of these perennial onions that keep multiplying or bunching as they say .
Winter Lettuce "vailan " several weeks later ..... nothing ,very disappointing .
I have not grown this variety before . I should be seeing a few little shoots coming up by now . I'll sow some more , but I think I'll go back to my old reliable favourite "Parris Island Romaine " and "Winter Density " .
Everything else is looking fine on the shed bench .
Hope you're having a great weekend !
Peace and Love π️π€
love Debbie πx




It's been a mixed year, my runner-beans are producing now.
ReplyDeleteConsidering the weather this year, you have done really well with your harvests. My little apple tree has done well and my blueberries and raspberries are also doing well and still providing the odd handful. These are all grown in large pots. I have really enjoyed being out in the garden today - the weather is so much more pleasant now!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Ellie
Our sweetcorn didn’t do well either
ReplyDelete