Sunday 6 October 2024

☀️ Butternut Harvest 2024 🤣

 

So come into my little kitchen .....


This is how my Butternut Harvest usually looks . I have them curing over night on my dresser , before storing them out in the woodshed .

This was my harvest a couple of years ago  . We love them and usually they would see us through the Winter , storing beautifully until the following March .

So after the rain stopped (torrential rain ⛈️🌧️)  I decided to gather this year's pathetic lot .



Sigh .....  🤣


hmmm.....small...very small ....we will use them though .


The lesson to be learned here -is not to get greedy and try and grow too many things in one small vegetable bed .  

🌿 I planted out all fourteen Sweetcorn  , four Courgette plants and all my left over Leek seedlings . They however were superb ! Husband was bowled over with such big and perfect cobs of Sweetcorn and my left over leek seedlings have turned out better than the ones in the actual Leek bed .🌿 Some you win , some you lose .🌿

  So yep , a lesson to be learned there .  

   🌿We will do better next year ☀️🌿

I will only be growing Butternuts in this bed next year .

Now I will be clearing this bed and working on putting some goodness back into the good earth .

We had torrential rain this morning .There are flooded roads and streams running down country lanes including ours . But look at the blue sky now the sun has come out again .

I'm tired from my work in the garden the other day and all the cooking of meals for the freezer and soup I made yesterday .

 I have brought in my Butternuts and am resting up for the rest of the day .

 Hope the weather is being kind where-ever you are .

                                                  ☁️🌤️☁️

                         

 


No comments:

Post a Comment