Thursday 28 November 2019

Wittia amazonica seeds update


 Remember those Wittia amazonica seeds that I sowed back in June ?
  In the ziplock plastic bag , on the North facing ,but warm bathroom windowsill.


                                      Three germinated on the 8 July .
 I kept then inside the ziplock plastic bag to keep the humidity up .
I gradually unsealed the bag although it was still covering the seedlings .


 I pretty much left them alone until today, when I thought I,d take a peek .


 I took off the bag and took a real close up look at them .
 It looks as if I have lost one of them , but I am hopeful for the other two .


 Here you can see the orange blob in the middle of the picture..that's the one that has damped off , I suppose .
 The other two haven't grown any more at all since they germinated ..or only very slightly .

 The mosses are beautiful , but surprising as I did blast this compost in the microwave ..and what are those "grass type seedlings ? They're not actual grass but something else..the leaves are quite stiff .What are these mystery plants !


                    Maybe I should pull them out and pot them up ?


  I,m really not sure what to do ? Should I leave the two remaining Wittia amazonica seedlings to grow bigger or take them up and re-pot  them with some fresh compost now ?
  They are so tiny , fragile and also quite a rare or at least a very hard Epie species to find and if you do , then it is usually very expensive to buy here in the U.K.
  Tricky little things , I put the bag back over them for tonight.....I,m reviewing the situation ..as the song goes !

2 comments:

  1. Decisions, decisions. I'd be in a quandary like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post and pictures. Perhaps repot one seedling? xx

    ReplyDelete