Wednesday 27 November 2019

Last Autumn Days


               The fleeting colours of the Acer's leaves , before they fall .


                                                  Glorious sun sets .


                                      How  I love , love , love  Autumn !

                               
Wrapping up warmly now with gloves , hats and scarves .
Stormy skies , wind and rain ...gathering sticks and wood for the fire , fir cones , conkers , acorns , feathers and leaves along the woodland paths and down country lanes .
 It is dark so early now ......
We light our gathered kindling and cosy up before the fire . I,m doing my Autumn crewel embroidery again . Adding more leaves to the picture .
 

The Oak tree takes her time . Her leaves turning paper bag brown before they tumble in the wind .

This little twig doll was found by a house clearance company , in a loft space of a 500 year old cottage in a village in Kent . She has the remains of two feather wings on her back .She was hanging from a large oak beam in side a small linen bag .  To protect the cottage from bad spirits maybe ?


Mullion Harbour looking magnificent , we keep our distance when the sea is wild !

I muddled my photos oops ! ...but here is my Autumn leaves crewel embroidery again  .

 I gather lovely leaves that I find on our walks and embroider them onto this vintage scrap of linen .


 I stitch each one to recreate them on the cloth . I have not decided what this will be made into yet , but am just enjoying the embroidery . Playing with colours .
  Crewel wool is so warm and comforting to work with . I think it is my favourite kind of thread .

Brushed cotton pyjamas , extra quilts and my old stone hot water bottle  !
 A good book , a pile of seed catalogues , a mug of tea and a little more stitching before sleep ......while the wind howls and the rain pitter-pats on my window .


                                      I am dizzy in love with Autumn !

No comments:

Post a Comment