Tuesday 1 October 2019

So where is the rain ? The sun is shining here today !


  It has been mild and misty with heavy rain showers the last couple of days  .
We were forecast more today ...it was supposed to be torrential rain with thunder and lightening  . . . .


 ...... but look ! The sun is shining in blue sky !  We went for a walk along the cliffs at The Lizard Point .
 

The cliffs , the sea , the birds , the wild flowers  .....all just magnificent !
It is possible to see seals , dolphins and basking sharks . Sea birds , Buzzards Kestrels and famously Choughs .
                  The scenery is just breath-taking !


The Lizard is the most southerly point of British mainland and is a place that everyone should come and visit .


  Before continuing on our walk , we stopped off at Polpeor Cafe Lizard Point , who made us feel very welcome .
   We sat at a table with magnificent views over the cliffs and sea .....just wow !
I really enjoyed my cup of tea  and husband had a cup of coffee .We shared a perfectly done toasted tea cake . I,m very fussy about how I like my toasted tea cakes...I do not like them burnt around the edges....this was .... perfect ! mmmm .
    Next time , we will have lunch there too , as it looked good on the menu !
 

We walked a very long way , you feel as if you could just keep walking here , wanting to see around the next headland and explore the beaches and caves further round at Kynance . I,ll take you all there another day !
 We walked further than we should have and forgot about the long walk back , but we enjoyed every minute of it .

We stood and watched the waves crashing over the rocks below , enjoying the warm sunshine and breathing in the fresh sea air  .


          The red tinged leaves of Carpobrotus edulis or "Hottentot Fig" .


Some are flowering even now , scrabbling over these warm South facing cliffs .
These I love to see ! They are , what I and many visitors look forward to seeing  !


 Also the Mesembryanthemums or "Sally-Me 'ansoms" as they are fondly known by in these parts of Cornwall .
 We didn't see any Basking Sharks , Dolphins , Seals or Choughs today ,  but did so enjoy our walk .


2 comments:

  1. The rain is here. When we walked along that bit of coast one August we were lashed with rain and nearly blown over the cliff edge. There was a yacht race on at the time and some yachts were scuppered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember that ! The rain is coming back tomorrow afternoon I,ve been told . I hope it's not too bad where you are ? I feel so sorry for and my heart goes out to people who are experiencing flooding . Luv Debbie x

      Delete