Sunday 28 April 2019

Woodshed - Preparing for Winter .




                             So when we have our split logs delivered .....


It is all stored in our woodshed on top of pallets to keep it off the damp ground .


 So after 15 years the pallets  are rotten , broken , patched up many times and really needed to be replaced . Kept putting my foot through the broken slats !


                      Also there was Ivy beginning to take over in there !

We had been putting this off this horrible job for too long . I need to bring on my vegetable starts in there before planting them out . We need to begin laying down wood for next Winter...Storm Hannah was coming ...we just had to give ourselves the kick up the backside to get on with it ! Husband needed two kicks !
      Everything had to be dragged outside .


 Little helper enjoying a snooze under my potting bench . I know it's small but some how I manage .Perlite on the top shelf . Newspapers on the middle shelf and a big bag of compost which goes underneath .


            Everything out ! Hard work picking up all the remaining wood .


Including the chair with my baby Leeks ....I,m leaving them out now to catch some rain ....I wont plant them out just yet , let them get a bit bigger .


  Groan ..we picked up and wheeled out the old pallets over and over to here, where they await being chopped and sawn up for fire wood or other small projects . There's a lot you can do with pallets , they can be very useful around the garden .

Our local garden centre Trevena Cross kindly gave us these pallets after we'd ordered a new garden seat and quite a lot of potting compost . Trevena Cross is one of my favourite Nurseries  !  Desert and Junglie Tropical plant paradise !
 I dragged out my Banana plants to catch some rain too .


               Then ...lop..lop, tug and pull down as much of that Ivy as we could .


                                           Out with the Jeyes Fluid ....


                     ....slosh , swoosh and scrub it all clean and fresh .


     In with the new pallets , cutting a couple of pieces to fill in the gaps .
                                  So that's the worst of it done !
 I danced on Thursday I had my kidney cancer scan on Friday, yesterday I did Katie Holland's brilliant Bharatanatyam and Bhangra Dance Workshop in Ponsanooth  ...absolutely hard work but brilliant ..I discover that I want to learn more Bharatanatyam which is such a beautiful Dance .
    I sadly haven't as much stamina as I used to have for the Bhangra..I gave it a good try though before sitting out and watching all the beautiful ladies ..maybe I shouldn't have done all that Woodshed stuff !

 Good luck to everyone doing the London Marathon , especially our hero Doctor Bradley Medlock from here in Mullion , you are ALL amazing !
I watched the start on T.V. and saw you all beginning your long , long run to that iconic piece of music they always play for the London Marathon . 
 Good luck to you all ! We are so proud of you all ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment