It was cool this morning , but we had to go out .
Take some rubbish to the tip ....
........ and take a few bits over to my friend . She wanted some of those soft velvety Mullein leaves ....I gave her one of my Lemon verbena plants and a small bunch of Lavender .
Next year I intend to grow more of the Mullein . Only had two come up this year.
We got a coffee for Ricardo and a hot chocolate for me and sat over looking the Boating Lake in Helston .
By the time we came home the temperature was climbing again .
I had wanted to tidy the area around the greenhouse , but the heat was just too much for me .
Too hot for me to be sweeping and weeding out the paving slabs , moving heavy tubs and re-potting things . So it will have to wait until tomorrow morning when it will be nice and cool .
Ricardo loves the sun and he has been busy cutting the grass , strimming and tidying the labyrinth .
I climbed in and picked lots of lovely Lavender and clipped the Chives back .
And had a very pleasant hour or so sorting them out into bundles and tying them up with string to dry for a week or two .
I put this tray underneath to catch any precious bits .
The shed smells heavenly now !
πΏπͺ»πͺ»πͺ»πΏ














I am looking forward to my lavender flowering, it's winter here so a couple of months away yet.
ReplyDeleteSuch a busy day despite the heat!
ReplyDeleteThe boating lake break with coffee and hot chocolate sounds perfect.
I can almost imagine the lavender bundles drying and the bees buzzing happily around the blooms you left for them.
Love the beautiful photos.
It’s been too hot for us too. We are also waiting for our first courgette soon as they grow quite quickly don’t they
ReplyDelete