Friday 1 December 2023

It's going to be very, very cold tonight !


 Someone told me that temps are possibly going down to -5 degrees tonight !  

                      Brrr....we are not used to that kind of cold !  

 I have thrown some hessian sack cloth over the big Agave . It has large slate tiles around it's base to make the rain run away from it's roots . They really don't like rain .

Many places around Cornwall had snow yesterday . Here on the Lizard Peninsula , we just had rain . Lots of it ! 


                           Checked the cover on the outside tap is secure .


                             Thrown newspapers over my precious ones .


Lit the lantern with three 8hour candles . I hope this will take the extreme chill off . The greenhouse is slightly flooded after yesterday's relentless torrential rain . There is nothing I can do about it except just hope for the best . 


Back outside , I check the fleece is down over my Sweet-peas . Let's have a peek inside and see how they're doing .


                                          They are all germinating ! Look !


                             Something to look forward to next Spring .



                             Earlier today the sun shone in the blue sky . It's been lovely !


The Dogwoods have dropped their leaves and the red stems are gleaming .


                                                  Lots of berries on the Holly for the wildlife .


                                     We took our walk over the cliff fields .


                               Sunny but very cold . Good to get out though . 

                               I lit the fire when we got home.  Cosy and warm .


I started writing a few Christmas cards and this evening I'm doing a little more of my embroidery .

                               Hope all is well with you 🕊️❄️🤍 x

1 comment:

  1. Stay warm! We here in Pennsylvania are seeing warmer temps and rain. Very gloomy! Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete