Sunday 10 December 2023

Dark Winter Days


 I still don't feel very Christmassy. . sigh ...but I put up the Christmas tree in the lounge and forced myself to go out side and gather a couple of bunches of holly to hang on the gate and beside our front door . A simple wooden Nativity scene on my kitchen windowsill .

                          ...and that made me feel a bit better . 

Cards have been written and sent off ...not so many as previous years . Aagh the postage ! Royal  Mail 75p second class and £ 1.25 first class !   So sad .... and at a time when it means so much to all of us to reach out and send some love .  🤍


It's been wild and windy . We don't let it stop us though . We wrap up warm and take our morning walk across the cliffs .


                      Heavy squally showers . First the sun comes out ....


                       ....then it goes in again and we make a run for shelter !


                       Not doing so much in the garden , the ground is very wet .


                       I light the fire and spend a relaxing hour or so stitching  .

                                                               🤍🕊️🤍


2 comments:

  1. I print my own cards and haven't even chosen a photo yet! Royal Mail doesn't desrve to put prices up the service is abysmal. Ruby makes sure we get out whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I print my own cards and haven't even chosen a photo yet! Royal Mail doesn't desrve to put prices up the service is abysmal. Ruby makes sure we get out whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete