Wednesday 25 January 2023

Soup day .


It's still cold here in Mullion .


We had quite a hard frost yesterday . 


Not as heavy a frost as you might have further up country . Only the second time this winter that I've seen my garden  as sparkly as this .


My Leeks and kale look o.k. still .


The fields look pretty frozen . 

Not much I can do in the garden today if I wanted to. I brought in the wood and lit the fire .

Just sat here on the floor watching the flames dance for a while . 


Wash hands . Tie on my apron . Make breakfast . Make soup .

This is the famous Tik Tok Justin Schuble Quinoa Veggie Soup  .

QUINOA VEGGIE SOUP 😋 save this for later!! it’s the perfect fall winter soup and will make enough for leftovers! 👇🏼 see below for the recipe details 👇🏼 Ingredients: -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil -4 carrots, peeled and chopped  -1 medium onion, chopped -4 stalks celery, thinly sliced -6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced -Sea salt -Ground pepper  -1 large zucchini (or 2 small ones), sliced  -1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained -2 (28-oz.) cans diced tomatoes -2 cups quinoa -Ground cumin to taste -Crushed red pepper flakes to taste  -4 cups chicken broth -Handful of kale, ribs removed and leaves sliced , a lemon, squeezed Steps: -add olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat -add carrots, onions, celery and garlic -season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft -add zucchini, cannellini beans, diced tomato, quinoa and chicken broth -season with cumin and crushed red pepper -bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes -add kale and stir -add lemon and rotisserie chicken (optional) and stir again -enjoy! Top with some extra ground black pepper  .


I tried to share the link , but it didn't work .Sorry ! Look it up and watch his brilliant video .

This is the second batch I have made . It is delicious ! This batch I am freezing away for another day .

The rotisserie chicken was amazing stirred into it ! 

I'm freezing it without the roast chicken in it , with a view to maybe changing it up and having salmon with it next time .

I left out the quinoa and the crushed red pepper flakes . You just adjust it to your taste .

We had this with some beautiful buttered granary bread and it was divine ! 

This is a very nutritious and hearty , meal in itself  kind of a soup .

Just the thing to warm you up on a cold day like today . 


After lunch we took our walk along the cliffs .


Lovely and sunny , but cold .Very cold and my socks were squelching inside my stupid , rubbish wellington boots !

It was so good to get home and warm my toes in front of the fire !




















2 comments:

  1. Hello! I love that you sat by the fire and watched it. We don't do that enough it seems. Thank you for the soup recipe! I am saving it for certain. Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Billie Jo 💐Yes and I find myself thinking deeply about things , sitting looking into the flames . The soup is really good , you can change it to how you like it . Chilli does not like me and the quinoa was not for me , but others liked it 😊🦋 x

    ReplyDelete