Tuesday 17 January 2023

More rain , hail and then a dusting of snow !

 

We had little showers over night , alternately rain , hail , sleet , snow , rain .

                                             Finally a dusting of snow .


                                   So pretty !   The child in me is delighted ! 

                                       Alas !     Not really enough to make a snowman .

Take care out on the roads today if you have to go out .

Our little lane doesn't  look too bad , but there might be patches of ice .

I think this will be gone by lunch time .


Only yesterday I was happy to see the first Spring Violets in the hedgerow along the lane .

I could not find the Snowdrops , there is a lot of Ivy growing in the place where I usually see them . I hope the Snowdrops will push up through it . 


So it's a sit by the fire and do some embroidery kind of a day for me . . . .


           . . . .  and dream about the warm Summer days to come  .



3 comments:

  1. I cannot think of a better way to spend the day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had rain all day long! But the snowdrops are flowering. Hetty

    ReplyDelete