Monday 15 June 2020

Little Jenny Wren



 As I walked past the wood shed , I happened to notice a bundle of leaves caught at the top of the windbreak mesh .


 I reached up and nearly went to pull it down , before I realised that it was a bird's nest !
 I,m sure it wasn't there yesterday , I always draw the two panels of windbreak mesh together and tie them up to protect the plants that I have in there from the gales .
 It is a very odd place for a bird to make a nest , we are constantly  going in and  out of there .

 Even more strange , that it turned out to be a tiny Jenny Wren . I thought that wrens usually made their nests low down in bushes ?


 There is no ledge at all up there , she has pushed long fern leaves in-between the curtain wire and that is all that's holding it up there !


     I hid around the corner inside the woodshed to watch her , bringing in some nice soft moss with which to line her nest .

     
       We are going to have to be very careful as we go in and out of there now .


                       A work in progress as they say ! Watch this space !

2 comments:

  1. I may be wrong but I think that the male builds several nests and the female chooses which to occupy. Hope you are lucky enough to have baby wrens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images of your wren so lovely to see! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete