Tuesday 4 June 2019

Rain at last !


From my bedroom window , I watch the sea gulls following the tractor preparing the field for the next crop .


             The earth looks like cocoa powder , it has been dry for so long .


During the night I lay listening to the rain ....I,m listening to it now  ....


                                At last some rain to refresh everything .


                                    The puddle where I wash my boots .


We have given the Tomatoes and Cucumbers their final sorting out , fixing up the rigging and spacing them all out along the bench in the Solar shed  .


          We had a fairly good harvest last year growing them in here .


          Fingers crossed for a bumper harvest this year . No Tomatoes yet .....


                                     .........but they're on their way !


The rain is thundering down now ! Good .....it will replenish the water-butts ! Hooray !
  A gloomy old morning though and cold too .  I,m tired and glad to take a break from the vegetable garden today .

2 comments:

  1. The rain came this afternoon as we were planting beans so we just carried on. It wasn’t heavy but I needed to get the hairdryer fired up when we arrived home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. There's been rain during the day here but not much. I'm hoping that the forecast heavy rain later in the week materialises. xx

    ReplyDelete