Thursday 7 March 2019

March


 Storm Freya has passed....it is sunshine , showers and beautiful rainbows now .
 I put out some of my porch plants...Easter Cactus Schlumbergera and my Gasteria collection ...hoping to refresh them with a passing shower of rain .


                                        It did look as if it might rain .

                                               
There's the lovely painted stone that I found at Dollar Cove . Lovely blue sea , sky and crashing waves ...it was being washed away by the sea so I saved this precious piece of art ....picked it up and put it into my pocket .....carried it home with me and now it will live in my porch with my plants .
   

 The rain did not come ..the clouds passed over .
 So I brought in the Easter Cactus Schlumbergera which is quite tender and if it doesn't rain overnight then I will bring in the other plants and refresh them with rain water from the water-but .
           How quickly January and February have flown by .

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post and pictures. Succulents like gasteria are fascinating plants. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look lovely with all your pots and plants just outside your door...I would try for this look but know how bad I am at remembering to water them...weird as I never have a problem with remembering to water those up the allotment...I wonder if that's because I enjoy eating them so much!!
    You have done really well with all the cutting back...it would be a wonderful addition for the wildlife once it is established out and I'm so glad that a bit of parcel tape was all the tree needed to sustain itself...I will remember that for future reference.

    You are so much further ahead than me...I only planted my seeds today...although we had that warm spell I didn't want to be lulled into a false sense of security...things germinate only to die off as we get some harsh weather come back tous...strom freya may have passed but we still have biting gale force winds around me so I think waiting a few weeks was the right thing to do as I have no heat in my greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tanya, I only put the porch plants out to catch a light passing shower, dont worry , they are all back inside the porch again now .
      We are down on the Lizard in Cornwall as far South as you can be in the U.K. So we are usually about three weeks ahead of the rest of the country . I have only sown things which are more cold germinating ....too early for Courgettes , Beans, Sweetcorn etc.
      Yes we had another very windy night after Storm Freyer which we thought was even worse than Freya ....in fact it is very windy here today too , but the sun is shining .
      My greenhouse is also unheated ,full of cacti and finding it hard to find space to fit all the extra seed-trays in , my husband's shed window is full too . How nice for you to have an allotment .It must be so nice to have the fellowship and the encouragement of other allotmenteers . Anyway I have a feeling in my bones that we're going to have another hot summer...so we must all make sure those water-butts are full to the brim ! :) Debbie x

      Delete