Saturday 27 October 2018

Lulworth Blue No.89 Door - gorgeousness !!!


The weather has been lovely , perfect for painting our front door .


It took me hours to get the blooming ,fiddly,icky-sticky masking tape stuck around the windows .


                            The paint arrived........and .... my heart sank .....


We had ordered Lulworth Blue No 89 but the colour on that label looked anything but blue ......more like ....grey  :( .....I nearly gave up there and then but my husband said to open it and give it a stir  ...... oh .....what a relief ...beautiful , beautiful blue !  :) 

                              Lulworth Blue No.89 door gorgeousness !!!

  We are very pleased with it , and after doing two coats , still had plenty left to do the back door too . Very , very happy !


 My indoor plant of the month is this gorgeous Schlumbergera ....do you remember I planted three different colours into this hanging basket . I can only see two colours , so maybe the other one is a later flowering one .
 So pretty !
                                                 We lit the fire ! :)

 I,m glad to have finished painting the doors while the sun was shining and my hands warm.....over night the weather has changed..the North wind is blowing and we are having heavy , icy squally showers . There must have been some lightening , as the clock on  my cooker had stopped and was flashing on and off when I came down this morning ( isn't that annoying when it does that ? ! Grrr ..have to re-set it again grrr ..all one needs first thing in the morning ! grrr .... )
 Anyway I,ve had my morning cup of tea and everything is fine again , we lit the fire for the first time and I am settling down to a nice relaxing day in our cosy cottage living room , making my dolls .


                        Go see my other journal to see my needlework  .


                     I am having a go at making an Izannah Walker doll .
                           That's all for now , speak again soon !

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely colour your door is. I do like F and B paints.

    ReplyDelete