Sunday 25 June 2017

Sunday Flower - Dracunculus vulgaris


                             I,m in the fern garden today , pulling weeds mostly !


Thrilled to find my Voodoo Lily is flowering for the first time ... I know with that name it is probably not the most appropriate flower to choose as my Sunday Flower  !
              It cant help its sinister looks !  I think it is gorgeous anyway !


            I bought the little corms from someone on Ebay a year or two ago .


                                             I love the markings on its stems.


                                I just have to go in and look at this close up ...


It is supposed to smell of rotting meat , to attract flies which pollenate the flower.....but I cant smell anything , maybe it is too soon . It has only just opened , so maybe the perfume develops after a few days ?  Anyone know ?


                                                Outrageous Sunday Flower !

No comments:

Post a Comment