Sunday 18 June 2017

Gete okosomin --- Very hot days !


                                Do you ever get the feeling you're being watched ?


                                    He's waiting for me to plant out my Cosmos !
I haven't been able to plant them out as now the weather is just so unbearably hot and the ground too hard and dry . I'll plant them out during the next rain shower..for now , I have pinched the tops off to make them grow bushier and they are on the garden chair out of reach of cheeky Peter Rabbit !


Gete-okosomin Squash update ..The "cutting" was in the Solar shed , during the day the leaves drooped terribly in the heat even though I opened the window . It would then pick up over night . It looked to me that although the big leaves were drooping  , there was some new growth coming .

The weather has been getting hotter and  hotter here in Mullion ( lots of people getting sunburnt on the local beaches) So I brought it out of the Solar shed and put it on the picnic table .

                                    It really did not like the hot mid-day sun .


                                                So I found a shadier spot for it .
The stump with the three cotyldon leaves as withered away , it is still in the ground and I'll leave it for a bit longer in case it sends up a shoot from below , but I doubt it .
 But I think I might have saved the cutting ..so feeling a bit happier today  .


No comments:

Post a Comment