Friday 12 June 2015

Meanwhile Outside in the Garden


So as you know I,m recovering from a big operation ..... I think that the last thing I did out here was planting  out Autumn onion sets and my White Foxglove seedlings .
 I had been looking forward to seeing an orchestra of white foxgloves !
Unable to push the lawnmower , my wonderful husband has been taking care of the Labyrinth ...it is looking really good !


         I still cant do very much , but lovely to watch the bees around these flowers , I, ll have lots of seeds to gather for next year .... and maybe some to share  !


I keep telling my husband to keep the garage door closed and make sure there aren't any swallows flown in !  I wouldn't want them to get trapped inside there .


 My favourite rose at the moment is Rosa Glauca .I love its simple pink flower against those gorgeous blue leaves .
Rain coming over night will hopefully bring up the Little Gem Lettuces ,Kale , French , purple podded and runner beans that I,ve sown .
I managed to get a little sleep last night , nice to listen to the rain on my window .

6 comments:

  1. Hello , I hop you get well soon , It takes time when you have had a big operation , Dont try to do too much to soon as it pushes you back by weeks , I know as i am talking from experience from years ago xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks you are quite right .....sigh ....its SO hard .

      Delete
  2. Foxgloves are great in the garden. I usually have a little patch, some white seeds would be welcome later in the year. Sitting in the sunshine, breathing in fresh air, just the thing to help you on your way to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo , Yes I,ll save you some ....there should be plenty . They might cross with the wild ones but you can telll the wild ones by the reddish tinged rib on the underside of the leaves . I love the wild ones too ! ..and the bees are going crazy for them .

      Delete
  3. Take it day by day. Best wishes for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Rosa Glauca is lovely - and gardens are very therapeutic places for recovery!!

    ReplyDelete