A very blustery morning . Autumn is beginning to make her presence felt . ππ
And here I go sweeping leaves once again .
I feed the earth , replenishing it with layers of spent compost , grass clippings and the fallen leaves .
The warmth , the rain and the good earth worms will proccess it all over the Winter months .our
The Rhubarb , Parsley and Leeks at the other end of this bed look to be doing well and I think I can allow myself to start using one or two now .
We took a little trip away , for a little solitude and spiritual healing .
We didn't walk so far this time . In fact we walked along the other direction towards Lyme Regis .....no fossils this time . I gathered some nice pieces of driftwood .
The sea was completely calm .
We had lunch in Groves Garden Centre Bridport . Jacket potato , cheese and beans and a lovely fragrant cup of Chai .
Pocket money was spent on a packet of 2 French Garlic -Messidrome £3.99 which was a very naughty extravagance of me really , as I had said that I wasn't going to do this but just plant out one that I bought from Tescos for 80p .
I will plant them both to compare !
Then the highlight of our trip away was visiting the Church of St Wita - near Canonicorum .
It was a nightmare drive down very narrow lanes - Ricardo terrified we were going to meet a tractor coming the other way ....but thankfully we didn't .
He was so stressed out that by the time we found it , poor ol' Ricardo, he sat in the car to recover , while I walked out on my own to find the Holy Well .
I opened a wrought iron gate and started walking down the footpath . I didn't want to go too far on my own down there .
There was a wonderful garden down there , what a beautiful place to grow your vegetables .
So peaceful .... the only sound was of the birds singing and the tinkling of this little brook trickling beside the footpath .
Was this the Holy Well ...not sure ? π
So who was St Wita ?
A young 9th century Saxon woman of devout Christian faith . A healing woman that lived near to the Holy Well , some say she may have been a hermit , but she had the job of keeping beacon fire burning at the Golden Cap for the guidance and safety of the ships coming in to trade .
So a ship was coming in , guided by St Wita's beacon and the tradesmen in the port welcomed it in .
But on this occaison the ship was not a friendly one. It was a Viking Longship and they slaughtered everyone ashore .Christians and people in surrounding villages . Poor St Wita was killed by an axe .
I think it was their Harvest Festival .
I waited until they finished their service to go in .
The sign at the foot of the Cross translates as " + Here rests the relics of St Wite "
Under her remains are three openings into which people place their prayers and petitions .
There is a definate feeling of divine presence here .
There have been many miracles .
I presented her with my embroidered Angel and placed my hands inside for her healing and blessings and offered up prayers for myself and everyone in my family .
Then went on to admire lots of the church needlework .
This church is alive , working and very much loved .
π️ππΌπ€
The Golden Cap - where St Wita kept the beacons burning .
I don't really do Halloween . My middle brother loves it , so I'm making him a mug mat .......oh ...and talking of Hallowe'en ( which isn't actually until the very end of October !) ... this was my only "find " while out fossil hunting this time .
Sweeping up leaves , picking apples for another crumble , topping up the bird feeders and grabbling another bunch of Lavender .
Watching hundreds of crows enjoying being blown around up in the sky . It's really blustery today ! They seem to love being tossed about up there ! π¦⬛
Next job is to do my Winter Window Basket . I'm so enjoying Autumn !
Peace and Love π️π€
love Debbie ππx
Apologies for any spelling mistakes ! π€£








No comments:
Post a Comment