Monday, 10 August 2026

Still no rain ! ☀️

 

            Good morning ! Looking out through my kitchen window .


It has let a lot more light in , since I took off all the lower leaves and Ivy from the Tree Fern .
 It is still very hot here . I expect we'll have some really heavy rain storms soon .


Aah ....there's my little friend Robin waiting for me to come out .

I topped up the bird feeding station and refreshed the water in the bird bath .
There is a big bowl of water in the meadow for other thirsty wildlife .


I think these are "Blue Lake " Climbing beans and there are another lot of dwarf beans down below . Plenty more to come . 
 Peas are coming to the end now . I must remember to sow some more . πŸ«›πŸ«›πŸ«›


  I picked another big bunch of Lavender , lots more French beans and a couple of nice Courgettes .


Sweetcorn and Runner beans are only just getting going ... no idea why so slow ?
  Plenty of time though for these !


Oh ! Well ! We have plenty of these French beans . Some we are having fresh and some I have quickly blanched then into the freezer .


French beans , which I "open freeze" then bag up into free flow packs .

Meanwhile come with me into the shed ......


Amorphophallus atroviridis - update 


Back in February I acquired this small and strange Amorphopallus atroviridis tuber/corm/bulb/blob  .🀣


I potted it up and have been waiting and watching it for a very long time .
I did actually dig it up at one point to check that I had planted it up the right way .


Well at last it has begun putting up not one but two shoots and I am looking forward to seeing it's lovely leaves .

It really is painfully slow growing , but something is happening now .


          I can see the first bunch of lovely new leaves starting to open !
This is a slightly more rare variety of Voodoo Lily . I think it is a lot more tender , but has the most beautiful leaves  . 
I think it's looking gorgeous already ! 
The other tiny little shoot next to the main one is just stationary ..... πŸ€”
                                          πŸŒΏπŸ’š 🌿
Epiphyllum "Helston Library " ( maybe apricot flowers ) cuttings - update -


They are all getting away nicely now . First the new shoots look like they have been squeezed out of a cake decorating nozzle ....


                                    Then they develop "wings"


          Then they grow into proper flat phylloclades or modified leaves .


And then hopefully the flower buds come from the nodes of these adult phylloclades . 


                                 Flower bud coming .


                              One of my other Epies in full bloom 🀍



It is fiercely hot today ☀️ I won't be doing anything out in the garden until this evening when it should cool down a bit .
πŸͺ»Might do some patchwork this afternoon or make some Lavender bags πŸͺ»πŸ’œ

                         Take care in the fierce sun !

                                     Peace and Love πŸ€πŸ•Š️

                                               Debbie πŸ’ x


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. We have gotten some rain here in Montreal, but it hasn't helped to ease up the heat and humidity, sadly 😒
    Please stay safe and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete