Wednesday 12 October 2022

A Couple more Autumn Tasks Done

 

Beautiful sunrise on a somewhat cooler morning .


                                  Good morning my lovelies !



Cooler nights ,but still quite pleasant by day and the earth is still warm .


I thought I'd get my Garlic sets planted out .


I'm growing Germidour Garlic this time . Some of my recently planted red onion sets had been a bit muddlified , probably by birds looking for grubs , so I have now covered everything over with grids and chicken wire . It is still warm when the sun comes out and it got quite hot while I was doing this .

Preparing the greenhouse for the Winter .

Then had to pull out quite a few heavy plants and hanging basket and the chair , to get the insulation bubblestuff fixed up . I usually staple it up at the top end of the greenhouse but we couldn't find the staple-gun anywhere .


So I moved all the plants back in .....and then I found it !  🙄

So now that will have to wait until I get another burst of energy .


I did just have enough stamina left in me to crawl under the greenhouse bench and drag out the candle lantern .

I just need to fix up some windbreak mesh across the door , to stop a whoosh of cold air blowing in as I enter the greenhouse . ( a very useful tip that I learnt from my botanical brother )


Went for a lovely walk to ease out my aching back and get some fresh air .....


 ......and clear my head of worries .


It was already getting dark as we arrived home .


2 comments:

  1. You are always so busy - no wonder you get tired. The walk sounds really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tired but in a satisfied kind of way too 🌸x

      Delete