Wednesday 13 April 2022

The Big Spring Greenhouse Sort Out - part 2

 

Today , back in the greenhouse and this side makes me feel happy .

I notice a couple of the Epiphyllums  have buds . This makes me feel happy .

No time for happiness , back to the task at hand  ! 


Groan  and to add to the misery my windchime fell down with such a dreadful clatter and is now all tangled .


I couldn't take anymore ! I decided to take the net down and let in more light . This could be a bit risky for the shade loving plants on the left hand side of the greenhouse . I will monitor the situation closely over the next few days .


Cucumber seedlings are up ! I,ve not grown this one before . I usually buy Femspot or Marketmore . I couldn't find them so we are trying this one instead . It's a variety called " Burpless Tasty Cucumber " Not comfortable with the name , but they are supposed to be reliable and have good flavour .


I pricked them out and potted them up and after doing my back in again lifting that table down , I placed them in a couple of polystyrene boxes ....just in case we should get any more cold nights , this should keep them cosy and warm .


I re-potted some of the Tomato plants and gave them a drink in the water-but pool .


I put the tomato plants onto the tray on that table , I had just lifted down .I still have some others to re-pot in the shed . I will just bring these on for a bit and in the meantime have a think about how to fix up the rigging for them .  They will need re-potting again .  They won't be as good as those grown in a polytunnel but I usually get enough to keep my family happy .


The Sweet Peppers are still not up . Me and them , we're not getting along !  

I won't give up on them just yet though .


With all this done , I'm feeling happier again .


I shall leave you with one more pic of the Zen side of my greenhouse .


1 comment:

  1. I love your working greenhouse, it looks much like mine, never enough space at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete