Friday 22 April 2022

Happy Earth Day !

 

Happy Earth Day everyone and wherever you may be . Here in Cornwall Spring is in full flow and there is nothing stopping it now .


Big bees and little bees .

Look at this tiny bee on this Helianthemum "Ben More" . 


                                                 It is minute ! 

You can enlarge my pictures a little bit more by clicking on them .


Honey bees .

I'm full on busy in the greenhouse and shed , sowing seeds , pricking out and potting things on . Today I have made a first sowing of French beans . Already sown Runners . I will sow more outside in a couple of weeks time . The courgettes that I potted on are doing fine . Cucumbers fine in the greenhouse .Tomatoes are doing fine too in both the greenhouse and the solar shed .

It is lovely and warm in the greenhouse ....aaah....oh...so nice to go in and warm myself up in there . The sky is blue but there is a bitterly cold Easterly breeze .

Everything is looking happy in there too .


Lots of Sunflower seeds germinating . Yay !


Not so Yay are the Sweet Red Pepper seeds ..... They can take a very ,very long time to germinate but I am thinking these were not good seeds . Very disappointed .


So I haven't disturbed the earth and the pepper seeds are still in there , but I have sown some pretty flower seeds on top and a very light sprinkling of compost over them .

Honesty , Larkspur and Candytuft . I sprinkled some in with the Sunflowers too .

When these flower seeds have germinated I will probably pot them up together with the Sunflowers ,bring them on a bit and harden them off , before planting them all out in little clumps around the garden .


Feeling blessed to have this Song Thrush making her nest in our garden .


That's all for now ! Must dash ! Still so much to do ..I,m thinking wigwams and Runner Bean frame and the Butternut Squash bed needs preparing and chicken wire fixing up and fence to be repaired ......

....... Happy Earth Day all !  


1 comment:

  1. Lots of seed sowing here too. How lovely to have a song thrush nest.

    ReplyDelete