Friday 15 April 2022

My Carnivorous Plants - Spring 2022

 

Remember my amazing Carnivorous plants last summer ?


Here they are being wheeled away to over-winter in the woodshed . 

I have got them through two winters in there now .

So here they are being wheeled out again .


I'm showing you the good as well as the bad !  I know it looks really bad . The mesembryanthemum appears to have died , although I will do a closer inspection .The Scented Geranium , on the other hand , has become a monster ! 

The Carnivorous plants are just dormant . I have kept them standing in a little rain water over winter. Never completely letting them dry out . 

In fact they are beginning to wake up and I can see some new shoots/leaves coming . I'll snip out the withered leaves and soon they should be flourishing beautifully once again .


I have them on top of an old upturned tub , so we can all enjoy being fascinated by them at this higher level . 
 I look across the garden and notice things are really happening in the Sweet Pea wigwam tub .


I think I need to pinch them out , to make them grow stronger and more bushy ....but after planting out the potatoes I am aching too much to do anymore today . It can wait until tomorrow . 


Other news - the lettuce and spinach in the cold frame are germinating ( and one Cosmos seedling ! )


Lovely Lettuce "Freckles"

Lots of Purple Sprouting Broccoli , onions and more lettuces .

Eight Courgette seedlings popping up , but listen everybody , I,ve done these a little bit too early really . They will get very big in my shed and it will be too early to plant them outside .
Please go by what it says on the seed packet and consider the part of the country you are in .
 I just couldn't wait ! 


 That's all for now...over and out ! 


 


1 comment:

  1. I've been busy sorting the greenhouse, now my hands are sore, but I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete