Thursday 3 February 2022

Rhipsalis elliptica

 

I have been watching , for several months now , as lots of tiny berry like buds have appeared on my Rhipsalis elliptica .

Ah ! At last ! They are beginning to open their petals . 


 I love this Rhipsalis for the beautifully elliptical shape of it's modified stems or phylloclades  .  I especially love the sweetly pointed new growth and often wonder why it was not named after this most obvious feature of the plant  . 


                                     This was a plant that I just had to have ! 
It was on my "want list " for such a long time and it was very hard to find .  I don't think it is a particularly rare one though . 
Keep an eye out for it !
 It is a little favourite in my Epie collection .

(Brother Martin , if you're looking in .....I am making a cutting for you ! )🌿





1 comment: