Sunday 18 August 2024

🌿Sunday - Rose bud update🌿

 

So there it is ! I think this is at it's very peek of perfection . I think you just can't beat a good old fashioned red rose .🌿

From a cutting that I stuck into the compost around the first week of June .... it has done really well .

                        I am fairly sure that this is Rosa -The Trumpeter  .


                                         🌿  I have fallen in love !🌿


                                                             ❤️

                                                


3 comments:

  1. It grew rhat quickly in just a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too ! I just stuck it in to the compost at the edge of this shallow bowl alpine planter . I had used quite a gritty compost for the alpine plants , plus it's been a warm but mizzly old summer pretty much which suits cuttings very well . I am surprised at the flowers coming so fast though . I will take the flowers off now to encourage the new shoots which are coming lower down . Generally I have best success at getting Rose cuttings to root over the winter months . Mum would stick ten inch rose cuttings deeply into buckets of damp sand and all of them would do very well over the winter too .
      It is cooler here today and heavy rain coming in this evening . Have a great week , I know you are both busy getting in all your lovely vegetables too . Give Roobs a cuddle from me 🐕‍🦺💚x

      Delete
  2. Ruby can never get enough cuddles, Debbie

    ReplyDelete