Thursday 29 August 2024

Early Autumn ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸƒMy favourite time of the year ๐Ÿงก

 

 

The Swallows are gathering .......the farewell gathering , before they set off on the long journey to Africa.

How do they know ? It's a wonderful mystery  . 

Where did August go ?  As we drive around here in the far south west of Cornwall we are seeing the leaves on the sycamore trees turning yellow already !

Hopefully we should get more than a few warm and sunny days before Autumn really kicks in .

   Supersweet 100 F1 - meant to be small but strangely smaller than they were last year .I might try another small type variety next year . Any recommendations ? 

In the greenhouse my tomatoes are ripening up nicely now . 

  
            Alicante - the good old reliable one . 

           Roma --- new to me this year  - these are lovely !


Sweet Pepper Corno di toro rosso  - beautiful and will grow again .


I was very mean with the compost as you can see . Maybe I'd have got even more if I'd put them in even bigger pots , but I got five or six peppers from each of my six plants . More than enough for the two of us . 


Cucumbers have been amazing , once again I was very mean with the compost , to see how little I could get away with . I didn't get a photo to show this , maybe I'll take one to show you tomorrow .

It has been very hard work keeping up with the watering though . Thank goodness for my neighbour fixing up two new water-butts on the greenhouse . 


Ricardo made a jar of pickled cucumbers .....very proud of him indeed !

The  climbing French beans "Cobra "are going cropping delightfully now, very pleased as I've had a few years of not doing so well . The X-bean frame worked brilliantly ! 


I spent some time pricking out and potting on Lettuce Winter Density .


Some to bring on in the shed .

And some I planted into the veg-trug .


Ricardo's Canna is looking splendido .....it will soon be time to bring it and my banana plants back under cover for the Winter .


And lastly ..whilst I'm talking about tropical things .... my daughter's friend brought round a wonderful gift ...a big box of goodies ....Echiums (the giant eeks ! ๐Ÿคฃ) and three Musschia wollastonii ๐Ÿ˜ƒ(so rare)๐Ÿ’š!!  I will have to see what I can find in my greenhouse for her . Thankyou Jess ๐Ÿ’x


                             ๐ŸŒฟ May all be peaceful , happy and safe  ๐Ÿค๐ŸŒฟ     


No comments:

Post a Comment