Sunday 14 July 2024

๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ Thunbergia alata -update ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ


 My wonderful son in law shifted a ton of gravel to refresh  our very worn out gravel area . I originally created this gravel area about fifteen years ago ....I created it and shifted all the gravel last time , so I know what  hard work that was ! 

What a difference it makes  . It gives a break on the eye as you look around the garden  . It really looks fabulous again ! 


Looks great from the upstairs window too . So pleased with it ! 


                                I just need to get that bramble out !

Now then ..see that red tub ? The old Sweet Pea tub , in which I planted Black Eye Suzies  .


I was told that these are really fast growing , like six inches per week .


Well , they are really slow going . Maybe they are still getting their roots down ? They are also quite badly nibbled ....I can't see any slugs or snails . I'm thinking maybe caterpillars , but there are new shoots coming and hopefully once they begin to wind themselves around the bamboo canes and also when we start having a bit more sunshine , then they should grow a little bit faster . I know it was a bit late to sow these  Thunbergia alata really , but hopefully we will get a few flowers before the end of the season .

               ...and my mum loves them !  ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ

Anyway .....

Last evening we took our walk across the fields near to us and were delighted to see these two Roe Deer does . 

( I had to look that up - the plural of doe is does .....Doe a deer a female deer  ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ)


            ......  and a Stag ! 


....who came bounding in and chased the two does into the woods and away they went !





We kept well back not to disturb the does  . My son in law tells me that it is rutting season  . 

My pics are not brilliant , but it really was lovely that we were all there to share in the delight of seeing them . 


Son in law pointed out some deer tracks .๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸฆŒ

I have only ever seen three deer , each on separate occasions in my garden over the whole time I've lived here and no one ever believed me  !  

                  So this really made my day and we had a beautiful sunset .


                                    ๐ŸฆŒ   All fer now folks  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ




1 comment:

  1. When we get more sunshine - there's hopeful. Lovely to see the deer.

    ReplyDelete