Friday 31 January 2020

Sowing the Giant Redwood Tree Seeds Today


Nothing makes me happier than sowing and growing beautiful trees !
Today I sowed the seeds of the Giant Redwood trees all the way from The Valley of the Giants , very precious indeed .The most magnificent and tallest tree on the planet !
  I gave them a little holiday in the refrigerator and then planted them  on the surface of some nice molehill earth , that I found in our meadow . It is said to be good to grow seeds in molehill earth .
  I gave them a nice handful of horticultural grit to cover and set them along side my young Oak tree babies .
 It is the 1st February today , the weather is mild and misty and should be perfect for germinating them , although some may not germinate until next year . If we should get a cold spell of weather that will be all the better for them too .

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I look forward to seeing them germinate and start growing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16th March 2020 update - no sign of them germinating just yet .

    ReplyDelete